If you are pursuing graphic design or interactive design in any way (AAS, AFA, Certificate, Pathway, etc), please consult with the
graphic design program director for advisement. You must be advised every semester before you can register for classes. Your designated faculty advisor is Paul Young.
- Reserve your time slot on the Fall 2017 appointment reservation form (if you need to cancel, please delete your name).
- Log in to my.parkland.edu and print out an Unofficial Transcript (from WebAdvisor for Students, choose Academic Profile). Bring this record with you to the advising appointment.
- During your advising appointment, we will work together to design the best possible sequence of classes so that you can graduate as soon as possible.
- After your appointment, you will receive an email summarizing what we discussed. When you receive the email, you may register yourself using WebAdvisor. If there are any registration issues, please email your adviser immediately.
- You can track your own progress using Parkland's Degree Audit App (from WebAdvisor for Students, choose Academic Profile). This app is still in beta, so it may be buggy. Please report any discrepencies to your academic adviser.
Tip: Spring 2018 course reservations for continuing students is between Oct 30–Nov 5 (see Parkland's official academic calendar). Some popular classes fill quickly. Get advised early so that you can choose the best possible schedule for yourself.
Note: We strongly encourage you to join the GDS News Group. You will receive important announcements by email and be reminded when it comes time to be advised every semester. If you have any questions about the advising process, please contact Paul Young.