Academic Advising for Graphic Design Majors
If you are an AAS graphic design major or an AFA student focusing in graphic design, please consult with the graphic design program director for advisement. You must be advised every semester before you can register for classes. Your designated faculty advisor is Paul Young.
- See an academic advisor to declare your major (if you haven't done so already).
- Reserve your time slot on this appointment reservation form (if you need to cancel, please delete your name).
- Log in to my.parkland.edu and print out an Unofficial Transcript and an Academic Evaluation (from WebAdvisor for Students, choose Academic Profile). Bring these records with you to the advising appointment.
- During your advising appointment, we will work together to design the best possible sequence of classes so that you can graduate as soon as possible.
- After your appointment, you will receive an email summarizing what we agreed upon. When you receive the email, you may register yourself using Web Advisor.
Tip: Advanced course reservations for continuing students is between April 1–7 (for Summer 2013) and April 8–14 (for Fall 2013). Some popular classes fill quickly. Get advised early so that you can choose the best possible schedule for yourself.
If you have any questions about the process, please contact Paul Young.