The Graphic Design: Student Juried Exhibition is an annual event showcasing the best work of students in the graphic design and interactive design programs at Parkland College.
Each year, hundreds of people view the exhibition in the Giertz Gallery at Parkland College. Ad agency principals, creative directors, art directors and other professionals in the marketing communication industry are invited to view the show.
Important 2018 Dates
- Tuesday, April 17: Entry deadline. Last day to hand-deliver entries for jurying to your instructor.
- Monday, May 7: Notification of unaccepted entries. You will receive an email only if your entry was not accepted into the show. You may pick up unaccepted entries in D019.
- Monday, May 14: Exhibit opens. Summer gallery hours are Monday–Thursday 10am–7pm; Closed Fridays and Saturdays
- Wednesday, May 16: Opening reception (5:30 to 7:30pm). Awards ceremony at 6:30pm in the gallery lounge. Food and drinks with live music and a gallery talk by Liza Wynette immediately after the awards ceremony. Reception co-sponsored by the Champaign-Urbana Design Org (CUDO).
- Monday, May 28: Gallery closed for Memorial Day.
- Thursday, May 31: Exhibit closes.
- Monday, June 18: Return of artwork. You may pick up your work in D019 between 9am–3pm or by special arrangement (if you wish to have your entry returned).
- Monday, June 25: Disposal of artwork. If you can't come to D019 during the designated times, you may arrange for other pick up dates by emailing <email@example.com>. If you do not make arrangements, your entry will be discarded or claimed by the Graphic Design Program Director.
Make a donation
Help make the opening night reception a memorable event! Your donation to the Champaign-Urbana Design Org (CUDO) will be used for food and drinks during the reception. Any amount will be appreciated. Thanks!