To learn design principles and "visual grammar" through textbook reading and other assignments. To become proficient with digital tools for productivity and communication. To become independent lifelong learners.
Using discussion forums, students will work in teams to check each other's reading comprehension of the required textbook Launching the Imagination.
Your weekly discussion post must also include a link to your Blog which should be updated every week.
Note: This is a peer-reviewed assignment. The quality of the work you do will be graded by your classmates.
- Login to your Cobra Learning account every week via my.parkland.edu or cobra.parkland.edu.
- Select "CONTENT," then select the assignment for the week and follow the instructions
- Post your completed assignment by Wednesday or Thursday at 11:30pm
- Read and respond to at least 6 of your classmates by Saturday (respond to your team members first, then respond to posts that have the least number of responses)
- While responding to your classmates' posts, score their homework assignment by assigning one to five stars to their posts based on the grading rubric below.
Important: This is a graded assignment. Spelling, grammar, clarity of thought and adherence to assignment specifications will count towards your grade.
Students whose scores average 4 stars or more will receive a passing grade for each assignment (pending instructor review).
Your initial post is due Wednesday or Thursday at 11:30pm every week. You must also respond to your teammates' posts by the following Saturday at 11:30pm.
Note: Homework assignments are graded pass/fail. Credit will be given each week only if both the initial post and responses are completed on time.