To clean up scanned concept sketches using Abobe Photoshop
Scanned images always need adjusting before they are ready to present for critique or a client. In this demo, we will cover the basics of color and levels correction in Abobe Photoshop.
prepping for the exercise
- download starter files
- open photoshop file
adjusting the image
- Crop Tool (keyboard shortcut 'C') > rotate image
- filter > sharpen > unsharp mask
- image > adjustments > hue/saturation > reduce saturation (-100)
- image > adjustmests > levels
- experiment with eye dropper tools and adjusting the sliders
- open color picker > sample paper color > should read #ffffff
- crop image (keyboard shortcut 'C')
saving for the web
- file > export > save for web (jpeg, quality=high, width=1000px)
- save > location 'html'